Monday, September 22, 2008

Letters to Dad

Sept 17th 2008

Dear Dad,
This is your third day in rehab. I'm very proud of you that you made this first step. I read over the program and it seems to be a great one. I guess you're on blackout for 90 days, but I want to write you now and I hope you will receive them 3 months from now. 90 days from the time you went in will be Dec 15th, i'll have just missed your birthday, I will write you that day anyhow and wish you a happy birthday! I was reading in the papers that you may bring smokes for the first week, I wonder if this means you will be quitting that too? Well it wouldn't be such a bad thing if you did. :) I'm very happy you are doing this! It's very hard for me being all the way down here in California, I wish I could have seen you before you went in. Although I'm thinking about coming up for the holidays and I'm pretty sure I would be able to see you then. I can't tell you enough how proud everyone is of you...mom, Alex, Tyler, Tim, me...everyone! We love you very much and only want to see you healthy and alcohol free. We support you in your soborness! And we will alwys be there for you. Dad I have been hurt and I have sufferd as a result of your alcoholism, but I forgave you a long time ago! If I never told you before I don't hold any bad feelings toward you. I love you no matter what! After all I am the person I am today because of your values and morals you (and mom) taught me.

Sept 18th 2008

I had to stop writing yesterday...it got too busy at work, well this is day three. I hope you're doing well and keeping busy. It's about 4:30PM right now, I have to be to my next job by 5:30...I hate that place! Well I think I hate working two jobs, I quit my second job actually and my last day is Sept 26th so I have a week to go. For a second job I'm going to work for David's mom actually I started at the beggining of Sept. So I've been working three jobs I haven't had a day off this month! I'm house cleaning and organizing for David's mom, basically I'm like her personal assistant. It's actually pretty fun, I get to help organize all her pictures eventually we will make family albums but I'm getting paid to see all of David's baby pictures. This month has been too crazy for me...everything with grandpa happening then I got into a fight with my roommate so now I'm looking for a new place to live and I have to be out by the end of the month. Ahhhh!!! Well I'm sure everything will work out fine :) I can't wait to hear how you're doing and I can't wait to get that first call from you or letter :) I love you very much dad!!!

Love,
Melanie

No comments: