Friday, July 18, 2008

Take me to another place, take me to another land...

I'm too excited! I'm going back home! I can't wait, I leave Thursday! It's a road trip slash going back home trip :). I'll be traveling the west coast, Santa Barbara to Seattle and beyond! On the way I plan on stopping in Astoria/Canon Beach. They filmed The Goonies there, and Oregon has the most beautiful beaches I've been to so far...I remember as a kid, going there on a huge family vaca, I was about 4 yrs old I remember burying my cousin in the sand up to his neck. I remember stopping at a relatives house for dinner and being outside on the deck...there were big birds flying over and I remember the grown ups there telling us we would have to go inside because the birds will grab us and fly away. Looking back on that now I can't be so sure they were being truthful :P I remember trying to play "baseball" with the apple or apricot tree out front or maybe we were being pesky kids just throwing them at each other...I also remember going on a long walk through the long grass with all my family we walked through the vegetable garden to get to the field...its strange that only at 4yrs old I can remember such fond memories :)

No comments: